Thursday, July 22, 2010

Growing Fast

I can't believe that my little baby is almost a month old..... And my not so little baby is two. Man, time seems to pass exponentially faster the older I get. Conan, although still teeny tiny, looks less and less like a newborn everyday. He's getting strong, starting to hold his head up, and the other day, he arched so much that I almost dropped him. He's already rolling from side to side (not all the way over though). Soon, I'll be hearing those yells again, "Oh no! That was him!" (following a thump) when Ben decides it's safe to leave the baby on the bed for just a second while he runs to the bathroom. Sometimes I wish that babies would just stay babies, but then I remember how much fun it was (and still is) to watch Miles make all of his discoveries.



Speaking of which, he is in full swing as far as discovery-making goes. Even though I still feel like I just had Miles a couple of weeks ago, he acts like he's four or five. I have to remind myself that he's only two just about everyday. One of my favorite things that he does lately (and forgive me if I've mentioned this before) is add his own two cents to games and nursery rhymes. One of his favorites is the monkeys jumping on the bed. He likes Ben and I to sing while he jumps (only his jumping does not involve his feet actually leaving the ground, or bed) and does the actions. One day, after the "no more monkeys jumping on the bed...." Miles just randomly added, "and no canny (candy)". The next day, it was, "and no canny. None!" His little amendment has stuck too. It's pretty hilarious. I always try to get him to do it for others, but he's not much of a performer, so you'll probably just have to take my word for it. Oh, and did you know that the reason that the little piggy cried "wee, wee, wee all the way home" was "cuz no canny". Yes. Miles changed that one too. Obviously, my son has a slight obsession with candy.



Right now, I think that, although Miles loves his little brother (sometimes too much) he's feeling a little crowded. Or maybe that's just me. When we recarpeted the basement, I figured we'd have the rooms all completed within a week. Here we are two months later, and we're still not near finished. Miles and Conan are stuck in a bedroom together. Not too much of a problem for them since they're both sleeping in my room still. Ben wins that bet. The problem is not them sharing a bedroom (at this point). It's that all of their toys are sharing it too. It will be such a relief to have the playroom finished and have a dedicated room that they are free to make messes in. It will also be fantastic to have the big bedroom finished downstairs. an extra closet and dresser will make saving Miles clothes for Conan much easier. And wouldn't it be nice to have my family room back? Yes. Our entertainment center will look so much better there than in the garage. Hopefully it will happen soon. I'm not pregnant anymore, so I can paint now, and Ben has started his regular shift, so he can take his paternity time now. For the next two weeks, I'll have him home to work on the basement or take the boys, so I can. Everyone cross your fingers that it gets done.



Due in part to my torn apart house, and in part to our lack of air conditioning, and in part to our generally small entertaining spaces, not to mention our out of the way location, we have decided to bless Conan in Sandy. After much discussion and much confusion over what our decision actually was, we've come to the conclusion that it would probably be in most people's best interest to do it out there, so we'll be meeting at my parents' ward at 9:00.

Apparently, I forgot to ever post this, so it's a little out of date, but you can have it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment