Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Go to Sleep, Conan!

Well, it's about a quarter to three in the morning, and Coney is UP. Sometimes, I will wake up in the middle of the night and look over to see two very wide eyes staring into mine. Creepy! When that happens, which it very frequently does, it's pretty much over. It really wouldn't be that bad since Ben is kind of on a reverse sleep/work schedule anyway, but I still have another child that is on a "regular" (I still use that term pretty loosely) sleep schedule. What does that mean for me? Practically no sleep. So, when you all see me with my eyes bloodshot and glazed over, I'm really not on drugs. I just haven't had a real night's sleep in almost five months. Depressing! Surprisingly, my body seems to be adjusting pretty well......my mind, now that may be another story (I'm using the lack of sleep as an excuse anyway).



Right now, I am at my parents house, sitting on my old bed, in my old room watching "Miracle on 34th Street". I love Christmas movies! My watching it really has nothing to do with the season. I'm sure I'd still be watching it even if it were July. All of my top movies are Christmas movies: "Home Alone" (1 & 2) "A Christmas Story" (my number 1 movie of all time!), "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", "Christmas Vacation" and the list continues. But that really has nothing to do with anything. I'm here because decorating day for Festival is in one week, and I am soooooo behind! I came in to get some work done, and it's just much easier for me (especially since Ben wouldn't be home from work until 4 am anyway) to stay here rather than drive home at night.



Unfortunately, I didn't get a whole lot accomplished today. When I pulled up to the house, an hour and a half late, a little voice came from a child that I thought was asleep in his car seat. "Mommy, I milked". To Miles, when Conan spits up, it's milking. I wasn't too excited to turn around to see what was waiting for me and for good reason. A bottle of milk and a 100Grand candy bar do not look so great a couple of hours after consumption. It was a grisly mess. Luckily, the majority of it covered him and not the car seat. We learned several months back on a cabin trip, that that particular car seat is nearly impossible to take apart to clean vomit. I guess I should've trusted Miles this morning when he came in and said, "Oh, Mommy, ouch my pummy (tummy)". I thought he was just itchy or something. Anyhow, he's been acting pretty normal despite all the puke. He has had a low fever all day, and he's talked a little funny, but he's still happy and playful and just as stinker-potted as ever. Good thing too because I totally left his medicine bag in the car that is not with me.



It is now 3:30 am, and Miles has joined Coney's and my party. I didn't realize that he had woken up until I was putting in a new movie, and I hear, "Oooh, toys! I play". I tried to convince Miles that it was not morning, but that's hard to do when mommy and brother are both up. After a little arguing, we came to a compromise. Miles could stay up and watch the movie as long as he was laying in bed. Hopefully, he'll fall asleep. Usually doesn't work that way though. BTW, Conan is still totally awake too. Awesome!

Although, I still have much to do in the way of Festival, I did get a few things done today. I got my sign painted and the vinyl lettering put on, and I got all of my "C"s and cookies painted. That probably doesn't mean anything to most of you, and I'm not going to explain it. You'll all just have to come to Festival of Trees and see for yourself . Still to do? I need to make the tree skirt and make a life-sized Cookie monster. Actually, Adele needs to make a life-sized Cookie Monster because I don't sew. I have all faith that she will be able to do it though. I also need to find a little table and come up with some sort of stove situation. I have some ideas, but we'll just have to see what happens. I'm super excited about this tree....which for me can be pretty dangerous. Ben will attest to this. When I get excited about something, I tend to set unrealistic expectations then I'm really disappointed when things don't work out perfectly. I have pretty high hopes for this tree, so hopefully, we can pull it together.

I've got two whining children, and it is almost 4, so I'd better wrap things up. In closing, I'd just like to say, once again, everyone come to Festival of Trees. There's a good time to be had by all, and it all goes to a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment