Here I am again. Two days in a row, and this one doesn't even have anything to do with Miles. Just a story that I thought some might find interesting, probably not my dad though.
I've always had a little bit of a snoring problem. It mainly only manifested itself when I was sick or had allergies, but it's seemed to have gotten much worse since I got married. You may ask, "If you were sleeping alone before, how do you know that it wasn't just as bad before?" And that would be a logical question. My answer: I wake myself up. I'm pretty aware of when I am snoring. Plus, I noticed it getting progressively worse after I got married. Maybe it's Tooele because it really didn't seem to be this bad when we still lived in Sandy. Additionally, it seems to get worse when I'm pregnant, so double whammy. Anyway, that was just a little bit of history for you.
Last night, I was having a hard time sleeping because Ben wasn't feeling well, and he actually gets ornery in his sleep. He would never admit this, but sometimes, especially if he's taking medicine, he'll start poking and pushing me telling me to stop snoring while I'm still awake watching television. I was kind of half asleep when this started last night, so I'm not sure if I was or not, but I wanted to actually get some sleep, so I took a blanket to the couch in the living room. I'd usually go to the bed in Miles' bedroom (it was actually put there for this very purpose--and so Miles would have big boy bed), but I've been sorting all of his newborn clothes, and I've got a bunch of bins on it now. A normal person may go a family room couch instead of the living room, but my family room is dark and scary, and I'm still pretty afraid of being alone at night, so I decided to stay upstairs near other people.
Anyway, I kept hearing weird noises all night (which was actually only about an hour and a half that I wasn't in my bedroom), but I was determined on staying on the couch. Not so much to keep Ben happy, but more to prove to myself that I could do it. Pathetic, I know. I had just started to fall back asleep after one such noise when I heard a loud shrill beep. I'd never heard it before, but it kind of sounded like the beginning of a smoke detector going off. It didn't keep going though. I thought I may have dreamed it, but it was really loud and jarring, so I had to get up. Even the living room was too scary, so Ben was going to have to deal with the snoring. As I was walking through the dark back to the bedroom, I saw a bright red glow in the kitchen. What! One of the stove burners was on! I went in, and you could actually see the heat in the air above it. I couldn't believe it. I hadn't even used the stove that day, but there it was on high.
Obviously, I turned it off, and after I was sure that it had cooled down, I went in to bed. I still have no idea how or when the stove got turned on. Maybe the knob got bumped while we were using the microwave or something. Regardless, I guess my snoring is a blessing in disguise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment