For the past year, I've been telling Ben that he better plan something for my thirtieth birthday. When it comes to celebrating, Ben and I are polar opposites. I love big get-togethers. Lots of food. Lots of family and friends. And I plan things months in advance....long enough to change my mind on absolutely everything at least twelve times. Ben's ideal birthday would be an uninterrupted day of watching football alone in the basement with a bag of Ruffles and some dip. For this reason, I told Tami and Jenn and I'm sure others to make sure that Ben planned something for my birthday. Well, I'll have you all know that it's not Ben's fault that we're not doing anything (right now anyway). It's all me. With everything that's been going on these past couple of months, there has just been no time (or resources for that matter) to plan anything. And I didn't want to just throw something together last minute. I am determined on having a nice get-together sometime though, so stay tuned. I owe myself a party. Maybe Halloween.....I love making Halloween food.... Plus, I have all those fantastic pumpkin serving dishes. Man, I love fall!!!!
I woke up today kind of having a pity party for myself inside my head. I was a little disappointed that we weren't having a party, and we hadn't been able to really go out for our anniversary last weekend, and I had just found out that that extra $800 medical bill was not a mistake. I had kind of set myself up for a disappointing day. However, it turned out to be pretty good. After Ben left for work, Miles and I headed to the post office and then to the bank. In Tooele, everything lives in Walmart, including Chase Bank. I really do not love Walmart even a little bit, but out here it's kind of the only option you have. And, on occasion, they have some cute stuff. Really cheap stuff, but sometimes cute. I noticed that they were having a massive summer clearance sale. I always take a peak at the baby clearance stuff because Miles goes through clothes like it's nobodies business. They had a bunch of little hats on sale for $1, two of which I had almost bought a couple of weeks ago (at regular price). I picked them up. One was actually a 2-pack, so it was actually three hats for $2. Sweet! There was also a sun dress that I'd kind of had my eye on since the beginning of summer. It's just a really simple jersey dress that I thought looked really comfy and would work for church or everyday wear. It was on clearance for $7. I definitely deserved a $7 birthday dress. I also needed a 10-key. I'm having a really hard time functioning with the numbers at the top of the laptop keypad. I'd kind of pushed back buying one because they're about $20, and it just wasn't something I wanted to spend money on. Luckily, with school starting, they had cheap little $5 10-keys. Perfecto! It gets better though. After grabbing a little mini birthday cake (Miles and I are having our own little party tonight), I went to pay. When I got my total, I thought that my dress had been missed. Nope. It was $3, a $3 dress!!! I happily paid, and went to Redbox for a movie. They even had the movie that I had been trying every couple days to rent for the past month. The birthday gods have really been smiling down on me today.
Well, there's my silly birthday saga. Right now, I'm just waiting for my baby to wake up, so we can have our birthday party. We're going to eat hot dogs and birthday cake then watch 17 Again. Yes. That is the movie that I have been trying to rent. Embarrassing, I know. Zach Efron's cute though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment