Friday, September 18, 2009

Everything Stinks...Literally

I have the cutest, sweetest, brightest little baby, and I love him so much. That said, he has been nothing but naughty the past couple of days. It's been pretty rough because some of the meds that he is on are stimulants, so he has been totally wired for the past few weeks. And of course, my little Miles is terribly advanced, so I'm thinking that he's entering his terrible twos a little ahead of schedule. I suppose that saying he's been naughty is a little harsh. Let's just say that he is mischievious. He's really into emptying drawers, cupboards, and closets. He loves unmaking beds, and throwing food. He's into breaking things, and I can't let him have a bottle unsupervised because it's an awesome trick to squirt it all out over everything. I know that this is all normal baby stuff, but I'm a new mom, so it's all new to me. Plus, our sleep schedule is a little screwed up due to daddy's unconventional work schedule. We haven't quite gotten into a good groove yet.

Miles is like me and gets really restless being at home all day. It's usually not too much of a problem because we're frequently running errands, going to the post office, bank, or the grocery store. The car's in the shop this week, and the part still hasn't come in, so we've been stuck here. We've tried to play outside a little bit, but summer keeps being here, and I can't take the heat for too long. Plus, Miles is afraid of grass, and we don't have a swingset or anything, so there's not too much for him to do either. Anyway, I think that's kind of added to his wildness.

He was being particularly stinkery tonight while I was trying to get him to sleep. He kept throwing everything off the bed and messing with the computer. He was yelling and hitting me, and he wasn't about to stop anytime soon. It was time to go to the crib. He's good at napping in his crib. Not so good at sleeping the night there. After about 20 minutes of eardrum shattering screaming, I gave in and went to get him. He was so upset and crying so hard that he was choking himself. About one step into my bedroom, and he exploded with vomit, adult vomit. He was covered. I was covered. My floor was covered. I set him in the empty bathtub while I quickly cleaned the floor. Then I stripped him down and filled the tub. As soon as the diaper started coming off, the poop came out. It was a disgusting smelly ordeal to say the least.

Miles seems totally fine since I cleaned him up and brought him back in with me. Right now, he's still awake (in my bed of course) watching some Chinese cartoon that I've never heard of. I don't think that he's sick. I think that he just upset himself....which might be even worse. At least when you are sick, you eventually get better. In recent days, Miles has taught himself how to throw up. I'm not really sure how to fix that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment