Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Big Day, Etc.

Well, today is the big day. My little brother is getting married in approximately four hours. Congrats Brian and Amy! They weren't engaged very long (about two months), but you know what they say, "longer courtship, short engagement; shorter courtship, longer engagement". And I'm pretty sure they've been dating a while. Now Ben and me. We're the other story. We'd technically only been on one date before we decided to get married, but we did agree to wait an additional two months to get officially engaged since no one actually knew we even liked each other, then another five months of engagement. Regardless, I'm so happy for Brian and Amy. She is a great girl, and Brian is very lucky. I'm just sorry that the weather doesn't seem to be very cooperative today. Luckily, it's an indoor reception..........but how am I going to do my hair that rain won't ruin?

In baby news, we've made a few changes. My son will no longer be named Henry. :( It's very upsetting to me. I can't imagine calling him anything else because this has been it from the very beginning. However, I understand that at this point it just doesn't work. Here's what happened. About a week ago, Ben and I were lying in bed, and he said to me in a very serious voice, "Stephanie, I need to talk to you about something that is going to make you pretty mad." Oh, no. What did you do? Well, turns out he wanted to revisit our name decision. Apparently, there's this guy, named Henry of course. He's a spitter and a throat clearer. not only that, but he chews tobacco and rarely hits the garbage. Just typing that made me dry heave. As much as I love the name Henry, I do not want my husband to think of nasty spent chew every time he hears the name.

As far as a new name goes, we've thought of several, but remain undecided at this point. In fact, I think we will continue to be undecided right up until very close to his birth. i don't want to get attached to another name and have something happen again. Plus, now it can be a fun surprise for all of you. Most of the names we are leaning toward are somewhat older Irish names, for no reason other than we like them. Of course, Benjamin is also on the list, but like I said, no decisions any time soon. For now, I'm highlight ling every name that Ii would consider in the baby name book. Then Ben can go through and veto what he would like. that will leave us a pretty good list of options to choose from. Luckily (or maybe not--may just make narrowing more difficult) Ben and I have very similar taste in names.......other than I really love super traditional Hebrew names, but Ben doesn't think that we can get away with them since we're not Jewish. He's probably right. Ira, Asa, and Asher just don't sound as good followed by Jackson as they may a more relatable last name.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that we've nailed down a delivery date. That is assuming that little baby ? doesn't come too early. Based on Miles birth, I don't think that that will be an issue. I talked to my doctor on Tuesday about the possibility of being induced a few days early since everyone seems to be leaving town the following week. Not knowing what the situation will be like with Miles, I would like to have the option of pawning him off on family for a day or two if necessary. Also, E Trade doesn't offer the same awesome paternity leave that Fidelity did, so having the baby prior to the 4th of July holiday would maximize Ben's paid time off, which is always good. So, here's the hilarious thing that nobody noticed until my sister pointed it out. We've scheduled the induction for July 1st. Does that date sound familiar? Yes, it's Miles' birthday. I had a feeling they would be sharing a birthday. I just didn't realize it would be my fault. Oh well. It will probably be fun for them for the first few years. After that, Ii will be sure that they each get their own day. I don't think that it would've made much difference if they were a couple of days apart. I think that the same thing would happen anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 60th to your dad, and congratulations on your baby you are expecting!! We have a very cute, but wicked little Henry in our ward. Heehee.
    Best of luck on choosing a new name.

    ReplyDelete